Loading

MSI U135-411US 10-Inch Netbook

Posted by Popular Gadget 3/04/2011









Popular Gadget | MSI U135-411US 10-Inch Netbook | 100 series. Chicklet style keyboard, bigger touchpad, and a 250gb hard drive. It comes with 1gb of intergrated ram and an extra slot if you want to upgrade (I used 1gb crucial memory; just need to unscrew the entire bottom panel...wont void the warrenty either).




        














This is my first netbook purchase and I am extremely pleased. All 10" netbooks have the same specs across the board so it really comes down to looks in my opinion. I didnt want an all black computer, or an all white one for that matter. I originally wanted this netbook in Red but could only find the 3 cell model with 160gb. So I ended up with blue. This netbook feels really soild, and the color is quite pleasing. Surprisingly it isnt a fingerprint magnet either. The 10" screen is bright and looks excellent from all viewing angles. I am able to touch type on this keyboard with ease and I have a full period and comma unlike some other netbooks where they are half sized. Using the function key for everything takes some getting use to but I'm welcoming the change. The trackpad and single mouse button are very nice. In order to scroll one must tap on the touchpad instead of sliding your finger on the edge...I actually prefer this way. My Hp trackpad is always malfunctioning with regards to scrolling along the side.

Battery life is probably this netbooks' weakness. Thats what appealed to me about the Asus 1005pe. 9+ hours of battery life would of been great compared to about 5hrs on here, but thats ample for my needs (college) and if push comes to shove I can always find an outlet.





I went ahead and upgraded from windows 7 starter to home premium and everything runs smoothly except Facebook games which run extremely slowwwww so I'll have to give that up but I knew what I was purchasing and its limitations so Im not disappointed.

This netbook comes with the hard drive partitioned in two. But with the help of a very well written Asus review I was able to change it into one 222gb hard drive without the help of third party software. It also doesnt come preloaded with a bunch of bloatware.





I hope I didnt leave out anything...all in all this is an excellent choice if your in the market for a netbook. If battery life is a major deciding factor for you then this may not be the best choice. I would highly recommend it otherwise. 


Source :





0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Donation

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Recent Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner