Loading

MSI Wind U110-031US 10.1-Inch Silver Netbook

Posted by Popular Gadget 3/04/2011









Popular Gadget | MSI Wind U110-031US 10.1-Inch Silver Netbook  | I got this netbook for my grandmother, and after seeing how amazing it is, I ordered one for myself. The battery life truly is over 14 hours of normal internet-browsing usage, which is just shocking! The keyboard doesn't feel too cramped (except the fact that the [.], [,], and [/] buttons are a bit thinner than the rest, which can be a pain for a developer), and the indicator lights are well-placed. 



          















It comes with Windows XP, but I'll soon be replacing it with Windows 7 on mine, because I don't like running ten-year-old operating systems. Out of the box, though, it handles streaming music from Lala, video from Hulu, and medium-to-heavy internet usage all just fine.
 



Having the card reader is nice, and with the 160GB hard drive, you've got room to store your photos when you empty your card to shoot more. The power cord plugs into the left of the machine, and the headphone jack is on the right. There are three USB ports between the left and right sides. Overall, it feels very balanced, I like the port setup.

My grandmother got hers on sale for $299 at Newegg, but by the time I realized I wanted one too, it was back up to $399. I came to Amazon, and they met me in the middle, around $350.




RAM could use an upgrade if you plan on being a super-heavy user, but it works fine for me having music playing, 10-15 internet tabs open (I use Google Chrome), and running Aptana Studio (which is Java-based, so it's a 'heavy' application) with the stock 1GB.

UPDATE: I've been asked about its screen, so I'll add this bit. It's got a matte screen, so it works really well in all sorts of situations - the brightness goes high enough for direct sunlight, even! I personally hate glossy, so I'm glad it's matte. 


Source :



0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Donation

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Recent Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner